Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans' Day


Thoughts about Veterans' Day from our 4th graders:

Joel
I have a veteran in my family. His name is Carl Lundgren, and he is my grandpa. I thank him by going to where we spread his ashes and say prayers. 1921-2005

Darrell
Brave means Veterans had to fight even if they don’t want to.

Brianna
I have a veteran in my family; My grandfather was in the army. I would tell him, “Thank you for serving our country, and for saving it.” My grandfather is still alive. He is 65 years old. His job is paving drive ways. “Thank you, Granddad . I love you.”

Chloe
Thank you for fighting for our freedom and for our country.

Cassidy
Thank you for serving our country. Also thank you for fighting for our freedom.

Amanda R.
My great grandpa was in the military, he was trying to save 2 people in a poisons army tank, but he failed and died with them. If he was here I would say, “You were brave.” You died before Grandma, Mommy, Zach and I.

Samantha
I have a veteran in my family. My grandpa is a Veteran. He fought in the Korean war. He is 85 years old. He was also in the Navy.
To thank a veteran or current soldier for serving our country I would say, “Thank you for serving our country. You were a big part of the Navy, Army, Air force, Marines or National Guard.”

Megan
I think my Uncle Ray was in World War Two. I pray for him sometimes and thank him for serving our country. I am thankful to have a brave person in my family. Even though I never got to meet him, he was pretty cool.

Nicholas
My grandpa was in the Air Force when he was younger. He fought in the Korean War. He tells my brothers and I stories about the Korean War.

Nia
The soldiers could be nervous or a little scared, but they can do it no matter what.

Amanda L
A soldier fights for our country to save it. They probably are scared and afraid to die, but they care and want to help our country. If they are going die, they know they died for our country.

Kristina
My grandfather was in the military. He is still alive and well right now! I’ll thank him and all the veterans!

Hailey
Being brave doesn’t mean you aren’t scared, it means you do it anyway. This describes a soldier because no matter what the consequences between life or death, the soldiers fight for our country. They might be scared to never see or hear from their family again. Who knows, they might not even get to say good by to a loved one, but they still fight for our country. That is why I am very grateful for our freedom fighters.

1 comment:

Mr. Magnuson said...

Dear students of 4-D,

What a wonderful job you did in describing the importance and the meaning of Veteran's Day. I will share your blog entries with friends of mine who are veterans'.

Mr. Magnuson